I hope you are doing well!
After a slower two months, I wanted to provide an update on Plan Together. We have continued to grow steadily and we are positioned as the best online community for voicing urban design opinions. I’m very excited for what the future holds!
Big Platform Update News: Plan Together now supports Tagging! This is a game-changing feature that makes Plan Together a lot more interesting and user-friendly. It allows you to categorize an Item by adding multiple tags to it. In effect, items are grouped together which allows for more exploration and organization. In addition, recently used tags appear on the home page. Check out my video to learn more: Using Tags for Exploration and Grouping. See this new feature in action by looking at these Tag Feeds: plantogether.city/tag/cycling, plantogether.city/tag/COVID19, plantogether.city/tag/greenspace.
Additionally, there is now a new Item Type allowed on the map: Miscellaneous. This purple marker allows you to post anything that did not fit into the other categories. We hope it will encourage you to post more! Add a Misc. Item Now.
The world is still battling the COVID-19 pandemic and we all continue to help and care for each other. Championing larger public spaces in your area is a great way to ensure social distancing and prevent the spread of the virus. I hope Plan Together can play a role in reaching your community and legislators. Stay Safe!
- Tagging Functionality and Misc. Item Type added!
- At the time of writing we have reached over 400 items on the map! Thank you!
- There are now 89 Enabled Areas including: Los Angeles, CA, Mesa, AZ, Appleton, WI and many more.
- Map Item and Reply: Bike Route Crossing Street by westside
What to Read/Watch
- Future Warsaw - Towarowa 22 by Cities of the Future
- London’s Covid-Safe Commute Idea: Open-Air Buses by Feargus O’Sullivan
- Designing Our Cities for Joy by Rachel Quednau
- The Forces That Will Reshape American Cities by Richard Florida
What To Do
- Keep Social Distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It’s very important and people’s lives depend on it.
- Contribute: Add something new to the map.
- Join the Slack Channel to get involved with the Plan Together community.
- Follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
- Email me: if you have any suggestions, comments or ideas.
Till Next Time, David Founder, Plan Together plantogether.city