We made it to our second update! It’s been just over a month since I opened Plan Together to the public. Thousands of people have accessed the platform and hundreds of items and comments have been added to the map. Most importantly, a community of engaged citizens is starting to emerge. People care about their cities and towns. It’s very exciting!
On a more somber note, the world is going through a tough time right now. I’m sure you’re aware of the COVID-19 pandemic spreading internationally. It’s times like these that remind us how important community is. Let’s try our best to be open with our care and support. Stay safe!
- Many new features: Picture Support, Infinite Scrolling, Area Update Emails and a whole lot more.
- We opened an Instagram (@plantogethermaps) and a Facebook page. Be sure to give us a follow! Many thanks to Martina for making them look so awesome!
- Our Twitter account rose to 858 Followers.
- Nico (Community Coordinator) demonstrated the platform for a local cycling group and it was featured in a local Toronto newspaper: Local cycling group pushes city to fund safe bike lanes.
- I spoke at my local city council in support of a good new development and to my surprise one of the council members had already heard of Plan Together!
- Over 17 New Areas were enabled since launch including: Edmonton, Baltimore, Nanaimo and many more.
What to Read
- 9 New Features Added to Plan Together Since Launch by David Gorski (Me)
- Pandemics Take Advantage of Everything Good in Cities. Here’s How we Protect Them by Tristan Cleveland
- Public Plazas: 8 Key Considerations When Planning a Public Plaza by Dave Lustberg
- Construction starts in Netherlands on longest cycling bridge in Europe by Daniel Boffey
- The tragic downside of efficiency by Charles Marohn
What To Do
- Keep Social Distancing yourself to prevent the spread of COVID-19. It’s very important. People’s lives depend on it.
- Contribute: Add something new to the map.
- Join the Slack Channel to get involved with the Plan Together community.
- Follow us on Instagram!
- Email me: if you have any suggestions, comments or ideas.
Till Next Time, David Founder, Plan Together plantogether.city